Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Wall Street Journal

This was originally written on 11/18/2005

One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received was to subscribe to The Wall Street Journal. I did just that when I first came to America to get my MBA at UC Irvine. Reading The Journal somehow changes my life. It is one of the reasons why I started studying economics. I admire The Wall Street Journal's authentic journalism. Unlike New York Times, it might be the only national newspaper that clearly separates news and editorial sections. Not just I see it this way. I recently found out Milton Friedman said the same in his memoir, Two Lucky People. Of course, you have to be a true libertarian to appreciate The Journal. If I were at the position to give advice, I would urge you to subscribe to it.

No comments: